THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Air National Guard (ANG) Engineering Installation Squadron (EIS).
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides IT engineering and installation services to DoD, MAJCOM, NGB and base level customers. Performs IT architectural design and engineering work for complete IT systems, downward directed programs/systems, Internet Protocol (IP)-based systems and circuits, one-of-a-kind systems, routine upgrades, and system enhancements. Analyzes capabilities and performance, identifies problems, and directs corrective actions to provide seamless integration, proper configuration, operation, defense, restoration, and improvements.
2. Manages and directs engineering and installations training and operations in garrison and at deployed locations by performing duties to develop, sustain, and enhance network and electromagnetic capabilities to defend national interests from attack.
3. Produces IT architectural installation project packages. Coordinates project requirements with affected Communication and Information Systems Officer (CSO) to ensure system inter-operability, compatibility, and cost effectiveness of the proposed technical solution.
4. Configures, installs, maintains, reconstitutes, removes, relocates, overhauls, and modifies IP-based systems, circuits, and intrusion detection systems, physical and wireless Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), ground radio, satellite, and telemetry communications, command and control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, air traffic control radio, meteorological and navigational aid systems, and airfield systems and other equipment platforms.
5. Conducts on-site engineering surveys to gather specific project information. Prepares reports on maintaining, installing, repairing, removing, and siting of IP-based systems, circuits, and intrusion detection systems, physical and wireless Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), ground radio, satellite, and telemetry communications, command and control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, air traffic control radio, meteorological and navigational aid systems, and airfield systems and other equipment platforms. Prepares sketches, drawings, and lists of material.
6. Manages implementation and project installation and ensures architecture, configuration, and integration conformity. Develops, plans, and integrates base communications systems.
7. Conducts on-site IT engineering assistance visits as required.
8. Performs other as duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531859700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.