The incumbent serves as an expert in Blood Bank and Transfusion Services, providing advice and consultation for more difficult, complex, or unique tests requiring special knowledge. The incumbent advises all organizational levels on various aspects of the specialized testing including appropriateness that takes into consideration clinical context.The position is located within the Laboratory Department, at the George E. Wahlen Salt Lake City VA.Learn more about this agency
- Testing duties in all disciplines require the technologist to perform, evaluate, interpret, correlate and validate the accuracy of laboratory procedures and results.
- Evaluates the validity of data in relation to the test system and assay procedures.
- Correlates and integrates information and performs additional testing to confirm abnormal results.
- Judges the acceptability of samples submitted for testing using a broad body of knowledge of pre-analytic sample requirements
- Processes specimens and selects appropriate procedures based on knowledge of type of specimens, patient information and resources available in the laboratory.
- Controls physical conditions and responds to time factors to ensure that the physiological state of the specimen is maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 11:30am- 8:00pm (occasional evening or weekend work may be required).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531768300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.