The ideal candidate for this position will be providing administrative support to senior executives; managing executive schedules and travel arrangements with attention to detail; ability to multi-task. This position starts at a salary of $69,581(GS-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Continuity Programs team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as Executive Assistant in the Office of Assistant Administrator, National Continuity Programs. You will be responsible for providing support to the Office of the Assistant Administrator leadership and management team on various matters. . Typical assignments include:
- Managing reception for the Office of the Assistant Administrator, answering all incoming phone calls and greeting all visitors.
- Managing the dynamic schedules of the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator while prioritizing meeting requests and de-conflicting overlapping appointments.
- Making all local and non-local travel arrangements for the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator, ensuring all travel authorizations and vouchers are completed in FEMA’s travel system in a timely manner and in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations.
- Collating read-ahead materials and developing comprehensive briefing packages in advance of all meetings and trips.
- Performing a variety of special assignments spanning multiple operational areas and crossing multi-functional and organizational lines.
- Supporting the Action Office and ensuring proper routing of all documentation for leadership signature.
- Providing general office support, to include timekeeping for all Office of the Assistant Administrator personnel.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531755200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.