The employee will serve as an Attorney working in the SEC Enforcement program in the Fort Worth Regional Office, conducting investigations dealing with difficult and complex matters involving all aspects of the securities laws.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for serving as an attorney conducting high profile and complex investigations undertaken by the SEC.Learn more about this agency
- Provides legal support for a range of issues related to the assigned segment of the securities market.
- Prepares memoranda and other documents relative to procedural policy or legal issues related to investigations, court or legal counsel inquiries, and impacted parties' questions.
- Provides assistance to senior attorneys drafting and analyzing legislative proposals and developments affecting SEC's enforcement program; provides technical support to senior attorneys on legal issues involved in hearings and responses to Congressional requests.
- Conducts fact finding investigations through a variety of means including taking testimony, interviewing or deposing witnesses, and obtaining and analyzing document productions.
- Provides litigation support by working closely with trial attorneys and drafting pleadings, motions and briefs, conducting discovery, assisting with trial preparation, appearing in federal court and in administrative proceedings, and conducting legal research.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531707100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.