The incumbent serves as a Tumor Registrar in a large, complex, VA Medical Center with medical and surgical oncology services and a research program affiliated with a major medical school. This position supports the care and treatment given to patients with malignant conditions.Learn more about this agency
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified applicant.
- Codes Stages of disease using American Joint Commission on Cancer's staging requirements.
- Analyzes the consistency of coding of registry data, cancer diagnosis, histology, treatment, (including surgical procedures, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy and radiation therapy).
- Identifies coding discrepancies.
- Facilitates resolution of coding discrepancies by discussion with providers.
- Codes complicated medical records having diagnostic, surgical and therapeutic procedures that are identified as difficult to classify.
- Reviews records to obtain data and enters data into the registry software.
- Analyzes data retrieved and provides the results to health care staff for research, patient care, protocol studies and trends in cancer.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531665800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.