The ideal candidate for this position will have experience planning response and recovery operations related to logistics and supply chain management in an emergency crises action plan. This position starts at a salary of $90,512 (GS-12), with promotion potential to $107,630 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Response Division Region IX team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform emergency management work including managing, and coordinating all Logistics and supply chain related response operations, logistics planning and integration into Federal, State, local, tribal, territorial, nongovernmental organizations, and private sector disaster programs. Typical assignments include:
- Performing substantive mission-oriented work in a FEMA region and serves as a senior level advisor to regional response staff and leadership concerning logistics and supply chains
- Managing and directing regional response for delivery of immediate response resources during an event, incident or disaster
- Evaluating and producing regional direction regarding efficiency issues and evaluation of local supply chains and distribution network
- Analyzing the efficiency and effectiveness or programs and advising on new developments, changing emphasis, or other events which could greatly impact the effectiveness of program delivery
- Ensuring the efficient and effective execution of all phases of assigned portions of major projects.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
25% or less - 25% domestic travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531657100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.