The Capital Project Manager is vital to the management of capital projects undertaken by the District of Columbia Courts. The Capital Project Manager is within the Capital Projects and Facilities Management Division of the DC Courts. Incumbent is primarily responsible for the management of capital projects for the District of Columbia Courts and may also be assigned management responsibility for non-capital projects.Learn more about this agency
Brief Description of Duties:
- Coordinates and monitors design projects prepared by contractors and other parties to ensure adequacy for construction and maintenance requirements and compliance with contract documents.
- Reviews and evaluates shop drawings, samples, catalogue cuts, specifications, and technical plans submitted by various contractors. Ensures that contractors are in compliance with contract documents, policies and procedures of the District of Columbia Courts.
- Conducts periodic site visits as required for the purpose of quality assurance surveillance and to ensure that field personnel are performing work in accordance with specification or contract documents.
- Evaluates and recommends approval of requests for deviations or enhancement of design features.
- Assists field personnel on pre-final and final inspection of all aspects of construction.
- Performs, coordinates and establishes suspense dates for construction review of design packages.
- Establishes and maintains a complete set of addenda and modifications to contract documents.
- Reviews correspondence relative to contract administration such as responses or directives to the contractor, memoranda to the Court, memoranda for files, final acceptance records for documentation purposes, and transmittals.
- Participates in various meetings and working groups on matters such as phasing contract work, utility planning, conservation programs and planning meetings.
- Collaborates with supervisors in researching and interpreting engineering plans, specifications and change orders in order to determine the method and sequence of work for scheduling purposes.
- Evaluates the architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical features of construction projects.
- Works closely with divisions and the Chief Capital Projects Manager who provides technical assistance on matters pertaining to all engineering disciplines, such as structural, mechanical architectural, electrical and civil.
- Reviews preliminary cost estimates for contract changes and modifications. Assures that adequate funds are available for proposed contract changes and provides supporting documentation as necessary to secure additional funds for this purpose.
The incumbent should be an enthusiastic and engaged professional who enjoys working with a diverse group of Court personnel and customers and lives the DC Courts’ values of Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Integrity, Respect, and Transparency.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531655900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.