This is a Mental Health Clinical Social Work position embedded in multidisciplinary teams in the Mental Health Service at the Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic. This is a multifunctional position with an emphasis on Outpatient Mental Health Case/Care Management and treatment services. While this is a primarily community outpatient position, assignments in any setting (e.g. hospital) are a possibility based on the clinical needs of the Mental Health Service.Learn more about this agency
- Demonstrates knowledge of communityresources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other governmental agencies for services, and ability to coordinate services.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments including assessing functioning and needs of Veterans to formulate and implement a recovery-oriented treatment plan, identifying the Veteran's problems, strengths, challenges, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the Veteran, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Provides psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diversified backgrounds. Utilizes knowledge of human development and behavior (physical and psychological) and the differential influences of the environment, society and culture. Utilizes independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem solving and evidence-based crisis intervention techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in the use of medical and DSM-5 mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects, and medical and mental health terminology. Provide psycho education to Veterans and their family members regarding diagnoses, symptom management and recovery from illness.
- Provides consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on mental health care and compliance with treatment.
- Provides orientation and coaching to new social workers and social work graduate students. Function as Field Instructor for social work graduate students who are completing VAAAHS field placements.
- Participates as member of various VAAAHS committees functioning as liaison between those committees and the Mental Health Service.
- Evaluates one's own practice through participation in professional peer review case conferences, research studies and other organized means.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in use of computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, and tracking, predominantly those programs in use by VAAAHS. Complete comprehensive documentation in the veteran's charts including intake assessments, psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. May be required to travel to community based outpatient clinics or VA medical center locations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531651900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.