Has oversight responsibility for all sterile compounding activities and associated information/automation systems. The pharmacist program manager is responsible for the development, organization, and management of the Intravenous Admixture and Sterile Compounding program in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.Learn more about this agency
The Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Program Manager duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides supervision over all sterile compounding, ensuring the coordination and provision of safe, effective, and timely delivery of sterile compounds for administration to the patient.
- Ensures the efficient and quality preparation of sterile compounded products along with proper utilization of personnel, equipment, and space in sterile compounding areas.
- Directs the training, orientation, and ongoing competency of pharmacists, technicians, residents, and students to the sterile compounding program.
- Develops, monitors, and reports sterile compounding quality assurance measures.
- Ensures strict adherence to the application and monitoring of appropriate aseptic technician for staff involved in the preparation of IV admixtures, including specialized knowledge involving compatibilities and stabilities of parenteral drugs in various solutions.
- Monitors proper cleaning and documentation required for sterile compounding areas and equipment.
- Monitors sterility testing of IV products
- Reviews sterile compounding policies and procedures at a minimum of every three years or as needed and recommends updates. Communicates updates and provides training as needed to affected employees.
- Serves as a back-up to the Pharmacy Service Information Management Specialist.
- Provides educational programs to pharmacy and non-pharmacy staff and trainees, including sterile compounding training and competency assessment as outlined under program management.
- Serves as a primary clinical preceptor for pharmacy students and pharmacy resident
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531638100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.