The ideal candidate for this position will have system and network administration experience, with a focus on customer troubleshooting and support, as well as experience with the Remedy ticket system including trend analysis and metrics for IT leadership. This position starts at a salary of $90,512 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support Division Region IX team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will plan and deliver customer support services, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements. Typical assignments include:
- Responding to trouble tickets, phone calls, e-mails, and in-person inquires for technical support from customers.
- Troubleshooting customer problems associated with the use of computers, VoIP devices, telephones, facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers, and network and storage access, video-teleconferencing and audio-visual equipment.
- Developing and submitting local system security policy, plans, guidelines, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Conducting and completing System Authorization following the Risk Management Framework.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
25% or less - 20% travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531621200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.