The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a CALEA nationally-accredited, federal law enforcement agency. The USCP safeguards the Congress, Members of Congress, employees, visitors, and Congressional buildings and grounds from crime, disruption, and terrorism. We protect and secure Congress so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure and open environment.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Acquisition Management (OAM), Chief Administrative Office (CAO), United States Capitol Police (USCP). OAM is responsible for developing and managing the acquisition process for the USCP; developing strategies to procure goods and services; coordinating with appropriate government offices and commercial contractors; and managing the USCP Purchase Card/Fleet Card Programs. OAM also manages suppliers and works closely with USCP personnel who support contracting operations in their role as Financial Liaison Officers (FLO). The purpose of this position is to provide technical and administrative support to contracting officers and purchasing agents engaged in procurement and contracting operations in support of USCP programs.
- Prepares, controls, and reviews procurement documents and reports. Verifies or abstracts information contained in documents and reports. Updates and maintains the currency of procurement documents or related information. Sorts and compiles documents, and distributes contracts, orders, modifications, etc.
- Serves as the alternate Purchase and Fleet Card Programs Coordinator. This includes but is not limited to reviewing and reconciling various documents and records, and resolving a variety of problems through coordination with vendors, purchase, or fleet cardholders. Establishes new cardholder accounts with the card issuing institution.
- Collects, compiles, and prepares data for recurring reports for the Purchase/Fleet Card Programs. Assists with analyzing proposed changes to the purchase/fleet card programs for their impact on USCP mission accomplishment. Assists with conducting regular oversight reviews and audits individual accounts to ensure purchases are in accordance with established regulations and policies.
- Serves as USCP point of contact for vendor enrollment and provides administrative support and documentation to contract personnel and OAM customers.
- Analyzes contract database to ensure accuracy and completeness of data entries and to ensure data entries match in the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP). Coordinates discrepancies with contracting personnel and OAM customers. Researches errors or omissions, and corrects discrepancies. Resolves discrepancies in different databases and records systems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531583200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.