The Physician will be assigned to the Medical Service of the Battle Creek VA Medical Center. The incumbent will provide primary care to Veterans enrolled in Patient Aligned Care Teams.Learn more about this agency
FIRST CUTOFF DATE: Applicants received by the first cut off date, April 29, 2019 will be referred first. Qualifying candidates will be referred to the selecting official weekly until04/22/2020
The position is for a board eligible, board certified Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician who will be responsible for delivery of primary care to patients enrolled at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center.
- The provider will manage scheduled and unscheduled patients in the outpatient clinic setting.
- The primary care provider is an integral member of the PACT teamlet and is expected to work closely and coordinate patient care with other PACT teamlet members (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/Social worker), including nursing and clerical staff. Primary care physicians will participate in daily huddles with other teamlet staff and participate in primary care systems redesign projects.
- A primary care provider in the outpatient setting is assigned a panel of patients to manage under PCMM guidelines; recommended panel size at the division level is calculated based on patient complexity, support staff and room availability. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
- Primary Care Physicians may have responsibility for supervision of or collaboration with primary care mid-level providers. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
- Primary care physicians may be responsible for supervision, education and evaluation of residents and medical students in the outpatient primary care setting, as assigned.
- Primary care physicians will act as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed, to include review of CPRS view alerts.
- Primary care physicians will regularly attend primary care staff meetings, departmental meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- Primary care physicians may cover Urgent Care and 10 bed Inpatient Acute Medical Unit on infrequent occasions.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531452900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.