This National Guard position is for a ITSPEC (APPSW), Position Description Number D0264000 and is part of the OH G6, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose of the position is to perform studies of new or modified computer applications, develop a plan to accomplish the needed work and to perform the required programming work.Learn more about this agency
As a ITSPEC (APPSW), GS-2210-11, you will perform the following duties:
1) Reviews and analyzes the business practices of serviced organizations to determine those practices that could be significantly enhanced by the modification of existing or the development of new automated systems.
2) Receives and evaluates requests for data processing projects. Requests are normally general in nature without specific information on input/output data and hardware instructions. Conducts studies concerning the feasibility of proposed new systems development projects. Determines time and cost savings, man-hour and material requirements, hardware capabilities, and overall impact on resources. Advises on the best methods to accomplish the project.
3) Works closely with customers to determine required functional requirements and to translate functional requirements into design specifications.
4) Recommends improvements to current applications. Reviews and analyzes current systems. With approval, completes modifications and improvements to provide better service and more efficient utilization of personnel and equipment. Proposes needed re-design studies. Develops reports on the status projects.
5) Integrates multiple operating systems and coordinates between functional areas that necessitates unusual coordination and organization requirements.
6) Designs the program structure of files and records and determines detailed sequences of action in program logic. Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
7) Responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding. Writes and maintains application operation instructions for assigned programs.
8) Develops reports on the status of projects for those assigned.
9 )Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531424700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.