The GSA OIG operates as an autonomous entity within GSA under a presidentially appointed, Senate confirmed Inspector General who supervises a diverse team of over 300 professionals in headquarters administrative, legal, and operational components and in regional operational offices throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General's (OIG) Office of Administration (JP), Budget and Financial Management Office (JPB). The primary function of JPB is to provide leadership and direction in the administration of financial management responsibilities in the areas of budget formulation, budget execution, travel, relocation, and fiscal issues necessary to support the OIG's mission. JPB assists in the development and administration of OIG's policies that govern budget allocations and control functions, and fiscal services policies and prepares issuances and guidance on authorized expenditure of funds.
The Budget Analyst for this position has the following responsibilities:
- Develops drafts of OIG financial plans including the development of schedules, target allowance, call for estimates, review and analysis of program requests, and submits operating plans for review and approval;
- Coordinates and prepares reports on the utilization of OIG resources during budget execution including the review and analysis of accounting reports and reconciliation within various program and/or office areas;
- Coordinates and prepares submission of special analyses and reports on employment trends, travel, accounting systems, and other requirements;
- Provides advice and guidance on fiscal matters relating to travel, both foreign and domestic;
- Reviews correspondence on financing arrangements for travel where funds are provided by outside sources to ensure acceptance is in accordance with governing laws and regulations, including conflict of interest regulations;
- Assists in the implementation and operation of new initiatives; ensure that necessary controls are in place to maintain, monitor, and resolve problems that arise with specific programs;
- Assists in the investigation of problems/issues relating to fiscal management and adapting guidelines issued by General Services Administration (GSA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Government Accounting Office (GAO), and Treasury for application to specific situations;
- Participates with senior budget staff in the development, guidance, direction and coordination of policies associated with the budget and its evaluation processes; and,
- Analyzes issues, goals, and initiatives and recommends options during exploratory and formative stages of managerial planning and policy formulation and advise senior budget analysts and the Budget Director on the uses of new and/or revised policies effecting financial plans and operational policies relating to various program areas.
Occasional travel - Selected applicant must be able to acquire and maintain a government-issued travel charge card.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531419200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.