This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Personnel Security Specialist performing assignments in relation to creating and processing requests for investigations used to determine the suitability, fitness and national security eligibility of FEMA employees, contractors and other designated personnel.
Typical assignments include:
- Reviewing reports of investigations and security documentation to render suitability/fitness and/or national security eligibility recommendations of FEMA applicants and employees.
- Process investigative information to determine eligibility for appointment and entry on duty for FEMA applicants, contractors and employees.
- Drafting adjudicative summaries identifying potentially disqualifying information within the investigative reports.
- Verify background investigation information in various systems, to include CVS, JPAS, ISMS, to determine the appropriate background investigative process
- Creating user accounts (profiles) within the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigation Processing (e-QIP) System.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531388500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.