Agricultural Marketing Specialist (Regulatory) for the National Organic Program (NOP). You will conduct regulatory compliance audits to verify compliance with United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA)organic regulations and applicable international standards. If selected, you will part of the organization that is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of organic regulations in accordance with the Organic Food Production Act of 1990 (OFPA).Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts regulatory compliance audits of certifying agents, foreign government conformity assessment systems, and foreign government accreditation bodies
- Examines documentation, interviews subjects, analyzes the facts, and prepares comprehensive written reports and findings of audits
- Interprets complex management system documentation as it relates to USDA organic regulations and applicable international standards
- Develops or revises assessment of procedures for accredited certifying agents and foreign government conformity assessment systems
- Prepares audits or assessment training materials for use by the NOP and its accredited certifying agents.
- Develops, reviews, implements, and interprets the organic standards
- Enforces organic production, handles, and labels standards
- Audits and trains organic certifying agents
75% or less - You will be required to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531387800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.