The ideal candidate for this position will serve as a Disability Program Manager for FEMA, managing and directing the development of FEMA’s internal Disability Program. The position is in the Office of Equal Rights (OER). This position starts at a salary of $117,191 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Equal Rights team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Disability Program Manager within the Office of Equal Rights, managing and directing the development and administration of FEMA’s internal Disability Program. Typical assignments include:
- Serves as a senior member of the OER management team and the senior advisor to the OER Director on disability employment and disability program matters.
- Participates in, and may lead efforts to identify and eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities.
- Applies human resource concepts, principals, and regulations to disability program activities.
- Manages a program, including providing oversight to staff, motivating others to take necessary actions, and negotiating allocation of resources for the program.
- Preparing presentations and demonstrating persuasive negotiation strategies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531378500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.