The PALACE Acquire Program offers you a permanent position upon completion of your formal training plan. As a PALACE Acquire Intern you will experience both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving. The program offers a 2 or 3 year formal training plan with eligibility for yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisory approval.Learn more about this agency
- Perform tasks to assist in the direction of cooks, food service workers, and custodial staff.
- Utilizes professional knowledge of youth development principles to provide effective programming for Youth Program operations.
- Assists in establishing policies and procedures for management of Youth Programs, such as school age programs, instructional classes, sports and fitness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provides effective youth development, recreations, sports, and related programs which meet regulatory and policy guidelines.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and curriculum development.
- Assists the Youth Center Director in managing appropriated and non-appropriated funds from other resources, such as but not limited to United Way, Combined Federal Campaign, Boys and Girls clubs of America and etc.
- Assists in preparation and justification of budgetary requirement for aspects of youth programs, to project quarterly expenditures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Must sign a mobility agreement
- Must sign a participant agreement
- A security clearance may be required
- Student Loan Repayment Program may be offered for eligible candidates
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways appointment
- May be subject to work an uncommon tour of duty to meet program requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays
- You will be required to complete all mandatory training IAW Air Force guidance and remain current in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, first aid and food handler's certifications.
QualificationsThis is a Central Salary Account Palace Acquire position and is education required to include but not limited to:
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines . You can also visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp for additional qualification standards.
To qualify for a GS-07: Completion of 1 full year of graduate level education, or bachelor's degree with Superior academic Achievement as provided in the "General Policies and Instructions" for Qualifications Standards Operating Manual, or 5 academic years of pre-professional study, or 1 year specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-5.
To qualify for a GS-09: Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.B or J.D., if related.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the lower grade GS-05 or GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes: Professional knowledge of theories, practices, methods, and techniques of auditing (Accounting), Basic, general knowledge of organizational practices, policies, and functions, sufficient to independently perform financial auditing tasks using conventional methods and techniques. Performs routine audit assignments when no problems are anticipated, or segments of more complex audits assigned to more experienced auditors. Knowledge is used to identify lack of compliance and/or other deficiencies and concerns, and to offer useful recommendations.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience, click on the following link:
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05, or GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
Once the application and selection process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the applicable OPM qualification requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made. Applicants who fail to provide the necessary documentation to support their educational grade point average/master's degree requirements, qualifying experience or veterans' preference claim will be determined incomplete, ineligible or not identified as claiming veterans' preference. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration in the referral and selection process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of fundamental cost and economic analysis concepts.
2. Knowledge of acquisition requirements, and the development and approval processes used in large organizations.
3. Practical understanding of models and estimating relationships.
4. Ability to develop and utilize data collection techniques and to analyze data.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to interact effectively with others.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Recommend areas of study: Seeking a Degree in any field which included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in financial-related coursework (with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in this coursework. Examples of Sociology, Psychology, Youth and/or Child Development coursework are college-level.
Any individual who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education from a PUBLIC or other non-profit institution not more than two years before the date of appointment meets the basic eligibility requirement to apply for the DHA Recent Graduates Program;
Any individual who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniformed service of more than four years and was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education from a public or other non-profit institution not more than four years before the closing of this announcement meets the basic eligibility requirement to apply for the DHA Recent Graduates Program.
You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Please submit copies of all transcripts, to include transferred hours-official copies are not required at time of application. If selected, you will be required to provide official copies of all transcripts. NOTE: Degree Audits are not accepted.
If you qualify based on undergraduate, or higher level education, and you have not graduated prior to applying for this position, you may be offered a position, contingent upon your final grade point average or class ranking.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
You must have completed a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor's from an accredited institution AND must have documented Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level in one of the following:
a) Class Standing - upper third of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision;
b) Grade Point Average - 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum. If more than 10 percent of total undergraduate credit hours are non-graded, i.e. pass/fail, CLEP, CCAF, DANTES, military credit, etc, you cannot qualify based on GPA;
c) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). (If qualifying based on class standing or honor society membership, provide appropriate documentation).
NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in non-consideration for applicable position.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
The PALACE Acquire Program offers you a permanent position upon completion of your formal training plan. As a PALACE Acquire Intern you will experience both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving. The program offers a 2 or 3 year formal training plan with eligibility for yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisory approval. This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the United States Air Force.
For DHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" means a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM MAY BE OFFERED FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Best-qualified category: Master's or a Bachelor's degree with overall GPA of 3.5 or higher 90-100 on the applicable assessment by major study in education or in a subject - matter field appropriate to the position.
2. Highly-qualified category: Highly Qualified: Bachelor's degree with overall GPA between 2.95-3.49- 80-89 on the applicable assessment
3. Qualified category: Bachelor's degree with overall GPA less than 2.00 to 2.95 OR 70-79 on the applicable assessment Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection. Notice of Results (NOR) will not be sent to applicants under this authority. Please do not contact this office for status. If you are selected for this position, you will be contacted.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/30/2019.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10482116
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
7W Arnold Street
Fairchild AFB, WA 99011
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531326200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.