This National Guard position is for a Computer Assistant, Position Description Number #D2072000 and is part of the 147th RTI, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in a Brigade/Group/Troop Command Headquarters. The purpose of this position is to serve as the technical subject matter expert and full time advisor to the commander for the organization as well as the project leader for major network systems.Learn more about this agency
As a COMPUTER ASSISTANT, GS-0335-9, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Integrates and maintains the organizational automation and brigade network infrastructure, consisting of the distribution and connectivity requirements of the various tactical automation systems and sensors, as stipulated by guidance from higher and local requirements. Responsible for implementation of configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include; headquarters staff elements, and subordinate organizations.
(2) Provides detailed technical advice for long-range decision planning related to tactical network management up and down the chain of command. Prepares briefings and presentations about the complexities of the tactical network. Reviews and evaluates new or upgraded tactical software packages.
(3) Serves as the organizational Information Assurance Security Officer (IASO). Initiates appropriate measures to maintain information assurance (network security and data protection) within the organization.
(4) Responsible for possessing and maintaining accreditation documentation on the various tactical automation systems and major network components. Develops and maintains documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures, necessary to maintain the reliability of the network.
(5) Serves as network administrator responsible for configuring hubs and switches, monitoring network performance and installing network software/interim change packages (SCP/ICP). Ensures the standard configuration software loads for all network devices as prescribed by higher headquarters. Utilizes benchmarks, performance measurements and evaluation data provided to manage network servers and data communication devices to support workload. Analyzes hardware, software reliability and performance through system reports. Works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems. Employs methods and processes to optimize data management and recommends performance enhancements.
(6) Oversees the distribution of applications and upgrades ensuring compliance with regulations and copyright laws. Utilize established procedures for remote distribution of applications and upgrades. Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files. Establishes procedures to maintain accurate records of authorized users of distributed software.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531316100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.