A registered nurse in the Emergency Department plans and provides for emergency and immediate care for a variety of acutely ill patients in a level 3 ED which specializes in treating adults and geriatrics with acute and chronic health conditions. The patient population includes but is not limited to acute medical conditions: respiratory, cardiac emergencies, GI, neuro, gynecological, endocrine disorders, back problems and HIV/AIDS, surgical conditions and psychiatric conditions.Learn more about this agency
Demonstrates technical and operational knowledge of emergency nursing and demonstrates ability to apply these skills in the clinical setting. Operates specialized therapeutic and life support equipment. Accountable and assigned as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients on his or her tour. Collaborates with physicians and ancillary services. provides education to patients and caregivers. Monitors activities and addresses operational concerns occurring within the department when acting in the charge nurse capacity.
- Maintains efficiency and effectiveness of nursing services in the ED
- Performs Point of Care testing and maintains equipment according to established procedures
- Adheres to Suicidal/Homicidal Protocol
- Maintains competency for Moderate Sedation procedures
- Adheres to local Pneumonia, CHF, Acute Coronary Syndrome and ED Stroke Protocol
- Maintains currency and assures accuracy of the ED Electronic White Board
- Demonstrates awareness level regarding decontamination
- Maintains standards of use for Reusable Medical Equipment
- Demonstrates competency in the HEMS radios
- Competency in assigning Emergency Severity Index levels for ED and Fast Track patients
- Performs Blood Transfusions per medical center and departmental policy
- Maintain BLS and/or ACLS
7pm - 7:30am with the 8 hour tour 11pm - 7:30am
7am - 7:30pm with the 8 hour tour 7am - 3:30pm
11am - 11:30pm with the 8 hour tour 3pm - 11:30pm
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program.
This is an Open Continuous Announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Tuesday, May 7, 2019**. Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the 7th of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531308800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.