This position is located within Readjustment Counseling Service, and its primary purpose is to provide administrative and clerical support to a multi-disciplinary team providing counseling services to veterans with readjustment problems. By virtue of the mission of the Vet Center, the incumbent is the only administrative person located on site thus becoming responsible for many of the administrative, fiscal, and supply support functions for the Vet Center team.Learn more about this agency
- Tracks and maintains records for performance measures associated with the program.
- Reviews employee workload data reports for the Vet Center to ensure proper reporting and processing
- Interprets and applies regulatory and procedural requirements for the Vet Center.
- Provides practical knowledge of requirements and operations of the Vet Center to solve problems through application of guides lines and past practice.
- Ability to work independently to meet Vet Center objectives, priorities, goals and deadlines.
- Tracks the day-to-day, monthly, and quarterly budgets of the Center.
- Tracks Vet Center expenses against the budgets.
- Provides knowledge if contracting procedures to process contracts/provider request and billing.
- Provides administrative support for purchasing and timekeeping.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls for Vet Center concerning such items as scheduling, data reporting, and referrals.
- Attend meetings and committees as assigned.
- Schedule committee meetings, including making reservations for meeting rooms and notifying all participants.
- Compose letters, memoranda, reports, etc.
- Design and prepare detailed charts and graphs for use in presentations, based on workload data.
- Use of personal computer and a variety of software packages.
- Create and maintain a computerized record system.
- Enter and/or extract information from data systems for reports and other purposes.
- Use Outlook and word processing software to create a variety of documents.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531291300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.