WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIASION AND DISCLOSURE (PGLD) DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A DISCLOSURE ENFORCEMENT SPECIALIST DO? A Disclosure Enforcement Specialist in the Office of Safeguards independently, or as a member of a team, plans, coordinates and conducts reviews of other Federal, state, and/or local agencies and authorized contractors/subcontractors receiving tax information to determine if Federal tax information is properly safeguarded in accordance with Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code.
As a DISCLOSURE ENFORCEMENT SPECIALIST, you will:
- Reviews internal and external data to conduct a pre-assessment of the local, state or federal agency's safeguarding posture. Preparation includes work plans, scheduling and computer security assistance need identification.
- Coordinates with officials of the agency, and computer security review team members, to analyze the flow of Federal tax information into and throughout that agency.
- Conducts an in-depth, on-site review to assess the physical security posture and compliance of agency policies, regulations and work methods to determine if the agency is properly protecting tax information.
- Prepares interim and final reports on the agency review. Identifies findings and provides recommendations for the agency to implement. Monitors agency corrective action plan to ensure all findings addressed.
- Serves as a liaison between the IRS and external data partners on sensitive technical matters involving safeguarding Federal tax information.
- Utilizes the electronic inventory management systems, office applications and document management tools on a daily basis. Performs special projects or ad hoc assignments as requested.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 10 or more nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531253800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.