The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade Local Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
For a full description of major duties and responsibilities of the Cook (CYS) NA-7404-06; please click here
Eligible applications received before/on the cut-off date of 6/18/2019 will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration.
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying, baking broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of more complicated/time consuming foods such as meats poultry, seafood, vegetables, stews, casseroles, gravies, sauces, and baked goods following standard recipes.
- Follows health and safety precautions to ensure safe preparation and storage of food items, and monitors and maintains appropriate temperature of all food items throughout preparation and service.
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items. Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment, and keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready for use
- Delivers/collects meals/snack carts from facility areas to kitchen as required and/or aids in food delivery to other facilities/sites without cooking capabilities.
- Meets with supervisor/staff to coordinate infant feeding plans and child/youth allergies/substitutions when required. Works with Food and Nutrition Specialists to prepare menus and submit food orders and purchase requests.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531247000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.