The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Windsor Heights, Iowa as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in information technology.
In this position, you will support end users by providing hands-on technical assistance to resolve hardware and software incidents. Typical assignments include:
- Creating tests and labels, and running cables in accordance with the design plans.
- Updating workstations based on operational requirements.
- Assisting in the establishment of network connectivity.
- Performing initial setup and configuration of customer hardware and software.
- Analyzing, investigating, and resolving assigned Help Desk tickets.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531220900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.