WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
See "Other Information" for Locations.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions in more than one Business Division throughout the Service.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SECRETARY DO? IRS Secretaries work in every Business Unit and provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial services within an organization. This may include using a variety of computer applications, organizing and maintaining files, providing telephone and receptionist services, arranging conferences and meetings, typing and reviewing correspondence and meeting minutes, arranging travel itineraries, and briefing the manager on important issues.
As a Secretary you will:
- Receive telephone calls, provide information, answer questions and direct calls and visitors to appropriate official.
- Conduct a thorough review of all correspondence, determine deadlines and offer suggestions concerning actions to be taken.
- Prepare and type a variety of reports, forms, requisitions, and legal documents using word processor or personal computer.
- Organize and maintain files, records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials.
- Plan conferences and coordinate the development of its agenda.
- Consolidate comments from management officials, and summarizes material for conferences.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531189000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.