The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in training design, development, delivery, and evaluation. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the OCCHCO team within FEMA.
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Lead Training Specialist personally performing and leading work that provides a wide range of comprehensive services, technical advice, guidance, and assistance as it relates to the agency’s leader development program, development of the agency’s supervisors, rotational opportunities, internal rotation program, mentoring, policy, guidance and professional development of the FEMA workforce. Typical assignments include:
- Supports a continuous regimen consisting of, as a minimum; formative and summative evaluation of lesson, module, course and system content in order to facilitate work force development, achieve return on investment and improve learning models as it applies to FEMA’s work force education.
- Delivers courses for the full range of offerings for employees throughout the agency.
- Coordinates the work of the team. Provides expert advice, guidance and assistance to others on the Team in solving unique or extremely difficult problems.
- Assigns areas of responsibility; distributes the work; spot checks work in progress; and amends or rejects work not meeting standards before forwarding to the assigned Branch Chief.
- Provides on-the-job training to team members.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531186800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.