This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of Research and Development, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Groundwater, Watersheds and Ecosystem Restoration Division, Ada, OK. For more information on this office, visit their website:
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Director for the Groundwater, Watersheds, and Ecosystem Restoration Division (GWERD), National Risk Management Research Laboratory (NRMRL), leading research on groundwater remediation (e.g. technologies, clean-up strategies, monitoring) for contaminated sites and providing extensive technical support to EPA Regional Offices for Superfund sites.
- Serving as principal scientific advisor to the Director, NRMRL, and to the Assistant Administrator of Research and Development for major program areas assigned to the Division.
- Serving as a first, second, or third level supervisor for managers and staff in Division’s Immediate Office and Branches, with a current total of 34 full time employees, and overseeing a budget of approximately $5.5 million.
- Assessing needs, defining goals, developing program plans, establishing organizational structure of the Division, establishing overall laboratory operating policies, priorities, and procedures, developing long- and short-range plans and projects, and allocating dollar and manpower resources within broad budgetary limitations.
- Coordinating Division activities with representatives of foreign, State and municipal governments and with other Federal agencies, industry, academia and private organizations sharing a mutual interest of responsibility within the major program areas assigned to the Division.
- Assuring the timely and effective dissemination of the Division’s research findings to the appropriate user-community and that the implications of such findings regarding Agency policies, standards, regulations, etc., are communicated to the appropriate Agency officials both within and outside the Office of Research and Development.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531126600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.