This position is for a TRAINING SPECIALIST, PD# PDD0579000, part of the NV G3 National Guard. The primary purpose of this position is to prepare training plans, methods of operations, and to provide staff level planning and assistance to ensure that the required training and readiness objectives are achieved.Learn more about this agency
(1) Develops short and long term training plans (5+ years) for the state. Reviews and analyzes regulations, directives and documents of higher, lower and adjacent headquarters to ensure training objectives are identified and met. Evaluates plans to ensure compliance with training regulations, guidance and policies.
(2) Serves as state's marksmanship coordinator. Coordinates resources to ensure units have a viable ongoing unit marksmanship program as outlined in ARNG policy. Promotes the marksmanship program to commanders. Encourages active participation.
(3) Reviews FORSCOM 5 year exercise plans. Coordinates changes with Adjutant General staff, Continental United States Army (CONUSA), NGB and major organizations/installations. Evaluates exercise plans. Recommends priorities to accomplish training objectives.
(4) Analyzes the 5 year Overseas Deployment Training (ODT) Plan. Coordinates and disseminates changes to the ODT Plan with CONUSA, NGB, TAG staff, USPhPO and units.
(5) Manages Key Personnel Upgrade Program (KPUP). Develops KPUP opportunities with CONUS and OCONUS active component commands.
Coordinates with CONUS, OCQNDS, UACOWS, NGB and ARNG units during execution of training opportunities.
(6) Manages Technical'Assistance Program and Special Training Program. Reviews requests for active component support, staffs requests for technical assistance and prepares recommendations to Training Administrator.
(7) Develops plans and procedures for directed and nondirected training to include affiliation, roundout and split unit out-of-state. Disseminates training opportunities and invitations and coordinates with active and reserve units to consummate training.
(8) Manages Nuclear Biological Chemical (NBC) Program. Identifies individual, collective and team training requirements. Ensures proper testing methods and procedures are employed.
(9) Manages Physical Training (PT) Program. Monitors testing and evaluates results of command level program. Performs profile tracking. Evaluates trends for identifying strengths and weaknesses of the program.
(10) Coordinates on displaced equipment training and new equipment training with staff management officials as required. Provides budget input for special training activities for the state operating budget and mid-year review.
(11) Acts for the supervisor in his/her absence. May participate as a member of the Force Modernization Committee and state Readiness committee.
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531071400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.