You will serve as a SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST in the Acquisition Directorate, Research Division of UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Contracting and Grants Officer for all scientific and medical research and development acquisitions.
- You will serve as an expert advisor to research personnel to help accomplish their research goals quickly and in a cost effective manner.
- You will lead the preparation of Requests for Contract or Grant Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotations (RFQ) in full compliance with all Federal laws, regulations and procedures.
- You will review and approve award memorandum to ensure that recommended award is in the best interest of the government and in full compliance with the terms of the solicitation and all regulatory requirements.
- You will conduct Contract Management Reviews (CMR) or internal audits of contracting files throughout USU as part of a team which gauges the extent to which past awards were in compliance with acquisition laws, regulations and procedures.
- You will review progress reports, review and approve vouchers and invoices and respond to requests from all parties.
- You will analyze proposed research protocols, budgets and terms and conditions to determine the best acquisition approach including vendor pool, contract type and method of pricing.
- You will serve as expert business advisor to USU research personnel to help accomplish their research goals quickly and in a cost effective manner.
- You will manage a team of Contract Specialists including conducting performance reviews, providing developmental assignments and creating opportunities for staff to build upon their existing knowledge, skills and abilities.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531066900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.