The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced administrative and staff assistant adept at supporting budget planning, procurement, and program management. This position starts at a salary of $57,510 (GS-09), with promotion potential to $90,461 (GS-11 grade level). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMALearn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Staff Assistant. Typical assignments include:
- Supporting acquisition operations in a variety of duties that include reviewing and organizing invoice payments, collecting and analyzing program management data, and reviewing and analyzing budget formulation and execution data.
- Maintaining Branch SharePoint site with timely updates and uploads, ensuring functionality of the site in a dynamic operational environment.
- Researching and/or analyzing problems, determining pertinent issues and collecting relevant information from a wide variety of sources, reviewing information and applying standard analytical techniques, developing recommendations, and considering unanticipated changes and unusual factors.
- Providing administrative support to staff to assist them in accomplishing time-sensitive assignments, Directorate initiatives, and/or special projects and solving unusual problems in performing a variety of duties involving administrative or support issues.
- Performing office management duties that may include, but are not limited to, receiving incoming calls and visitors, providing requested information or referring them to appropriate staff, maintaining a tracking system of controlled actions and monitoring the status of actions to ensure that they are completed on time, drafting/preparing correspondence as assigned, coordinating meetings, preparing travel authorizations and reimbursement vouchers.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - Non-emergency travel 5%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531040200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.