This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Mechanic Leader, Position Description Number D1287000 and is part of the CSMS, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to serve as a working leader of three or more Surface Maintenance Mechanics, WG-5801-10.Learn more about this agency
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER, WL-5801-10, you will perform the following duties:
1) Assigns work orders to specific crewmembers and selects workers for various jobs on the basis of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2) Assures that there is enough work to keep the work crew busy. Checks work in progress and when finished for compliance with supervisor's instructions, work orders, and established shop procedures on work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines; and directs or advises other workers to follow supervisor's instructions and to meet deadlines.
3) Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
4) Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
5) Removes and disassembles engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
6) Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions with little or no supervision in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders and worn brake shoes, voltage regulators, generators, injector pumps, and fuel pumps.
7) Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
8) May maintain and repair electronics communication equipment by removing and replacing components and elements. Equipment includes such items as radios, field telephones, amplifiers, switchboards, recorders, intercoms.
9) Assists in the maintenance of production reports and records, and makes recommendations to the supervisor. Plans, organizes, and performs technical analyses as required or assigned. Makes recommendations to the supervisor as to adjustments necessary to effectively, efficiently and economically accomplish the work and maximize production.
10) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1287000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531037200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.