This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer, Position Description Number D1193000 and is part of the UTES, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs, and maintenance on combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-08, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Performs limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles. Assists higher graded mechanics in the repair and/or overhaul of major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and non-automatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls. Makes routine repairs that can be accomplished by removing, adjusting, or replacing defective or worn parts and components. Performs work in accordance with technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies.
(2) Performs limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses basic test equipment such as compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges. Determines when parts should be cleaned, adjusted or replaced with standard parts to complete work orders.
(3) Removes, replaces, adjusts, cleans and installs parts and components such as wheel seals, switches, sensors, fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps, brakes, filters, radiators, bearings, springs, shock absorbers, wheel cylinders, starter motors, mufflers, battery cables, and other items of similar complexity.
(4) Independently performs routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems using standard parts. Receives guidance and instruction from a higher graded mechanic or supervisor to perform non-routine and more complex repairs on portions of major assemblies and/or systems. May provide field maintenance at unit locations as part of a "contact team". Recovers and evacuates inoperable vehicles from the unit location of breakdown.
(5) Conducts limited readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity. Performs Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) and ensures vehicles and equipment are properly serviced, including brake adjustments, replacing hydraulic fluids, greasing, cleaning, etc. Performs other preventive maintenance operations as required to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531021200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.