This position is located at the Armed Forces Retirement Home - Washington (AFRH-W), Healthcare Services and provides social work services in a continuous care retirement community. Social work services are provided to individuals in independent living, assisted living and long term care. Incumbent will need skills to work as an independent social worker in all levels of care. The work supports the mission of quality services to residents throughout the agency.Learn more about this agency
U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-AFRH-64. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a Social Worker, you will:
- Work independently to examine current standards of care, compliance with those standards, and development of new standards as necessary to meet the changing needs of the residents and agency. Develop and revises policy and procedure manuals.
- Work collaboratively with department heads to review patient care activities with individual clinicians to ensure knowledge and compliance with standards.
- Promote and ensure coordination of social work services in all levels of care; Conduct psychosocial assessments; Develop individual care plans based on assessed needs; Participate in interdisciplinary care teams; Participate in performance improvement; Serve as a member of health care leadership team.
- Actively participate in developing and maintaining public understanding and community outreach to influence public attitude and coordination with the agency.
- Have knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and use of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5R; Develop treatment plans based on psychiatric diagnosis; Work with residents who have dementia; Conduct groups that focus on a variety of social psychosocial needs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530958000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.