You will serve as the Deputy Director for the Security and Intelligence Directorate at the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy (DUSN), responsible for all aspects of developing Department of the Navy (DON) Security and Intelligence policy and oversight executive functions, to include producing and coordinating policies and providing oversight and policy integration across the DON Security and Intelligence Enterprises.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a senior security and intelligence expert and technical advisor to the DUSN Senior Director for Security and Intelligence in the DON.
- You will develop policy, interpret policy and procedures, provide insight into Security, Military Intelligence Programs, National Intelligence Program, and manage oversight of DON intel enterprise under the DUSN Senior Dir for Security and Intel.
- You will provide authoritative technical advice, policy execution and support to DON senior leaders. This may involve large expenditures of manpower, funds, materials, and have substantial impact on DoD, DON, and the national strategic landscape.
- You will collaborate across the U.S. Government and utilize enterprise-wide capabilities, vision, and unique knowledge of intelligence of both DoD and DON goals and objectives.
- You will provide leadership that is capabilities focused, competency based, and aligned and linked to national strategic goals.
- You will be responsible for overall policy planning, writing, oversight, and coordination as well as resource advocacy within the DON in the areas of security policy, oversight, integration, and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution.
- You will support DUSN Senior Director for Security and Intelligence participation on DON governance and oversight bodies pertaining to security, intelligence or intelligence-related activities.
- You will represent DON, as appropriate, concerning the DON security and intelligence enterprises in inter-departmental, intradepartmental, interagency, international, and other forums.
- You will support informed decision making by DON leaders through the provision of briefings of DON intelligence programs, strategic engagement, and intelligence policy requirements.
- You will prepare recommendations for those Department of Defense (DoD) and DON security and intelligence policies that require the approval of the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) or Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV).
- You will assist the DUSN Senior Director for Security and Intelligence in executing their role implementing security policy throughout the DON.
- You will develop plans, policies, procedures, methodologies and instructions for implementing security and intelligence programs, as required.; and assist in supervising the branch heads in the performance of their duties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530950400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.