This position is located in the Office of Academic Affiliations (OAA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The incumbent serves as the Clinical Director of Undergraduate and Graduate Medical and Dental Education (M&D).Learn more about this agency
The Office functions as the focal point in VHA for the development of policies and guidelines relating to Medical and Dental Education efforts, including academic affiliations, professional education of physician and dental residents and students, analysis of VHA policy concerning medical/dental trainees, and for consultation with key stakeholders regarding these issues. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing coordination and leadership for undergraduate and graduate medical and dental education programs by developing and implementing policies and operations congruent with VA and national professional standards.
- Providing collaborative management of OAA's medical/dental resident position allocation process.
- Coordinating processes for revision, approval and distribution of policies, handbooks, directives, guidelines and other information to assist VA facilities and Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISN's) in their efforts to provide physician and dental education.
- Analyzing collected data to identify opportunities for improvement and sharing results in a manner that is informative and useful in decision-making processes.
- Assisting the Director, Medical & Dental Education in developing goals and objectives that describe priority activities for medical education activities in support of VA's educational mission.
- Conducting site visits to VA medical centers to review educational activities and programs, providing assistance in problematic areas, and meeting with medical center leadership, VISN and VA's academic affiliates.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm or as negotiated
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized
PCS Expenses: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Designated Drug-Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530949800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.