The Oklahoma City VA Health Care System (OKC VAHCS) is recruiting for a full time Nurse Practitioner for the Inpatient Critical Care Section of Surgery Service. The OKC VAHCS is an active teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Renders patient care related to the Critical Care setting
- Write medical orders on patients assigned
- Authorized to prescribe medications, refill previously prescribed routine medications, and supplies in the inpatient setting.
- Obtain initial or interim medical histories and perform physical examinations
- Respond to Consultations from other services
- Enter summaries, progress notes, or daily entries in patient medical records
- Provide and coordinate medical care for assigned patients in the inpatient and critical care setting, including establishing diagnosis, formulating and implementing orders and care plans, and transition of care.
- Order diagnostic studies and testing
- Order other special tests, including contrast studies, such as Magnetic resonance (MRI), Computerized Tomography (CT) scans, etc. He/She can provide the results on all ordered studies, but only preliminary and not final results on EKG and/or radiographic or imaging studies.
- Order patient care supplies and equipment including but not limited to wound care and oxygen.
- Initiate and expedite health promotion, disease prevention, and patient/caregiver education activities.
- Order or obtain laboratory specimens. Draw blood specimens for testing and performing other comparable laboratory procedures, as needed.
- Order ancillary services such as pharmacy, social services, prosthetics, respiratory care, rehabilitation therapies, etc.
- Order and/or expedite VA specific service consults and initiation of Non VA medical care or supplies in accordance with VHA and local facilities policies and procedures.
- May screen outpatient/inpatient in any setting to determine the need for further health care or hospital/intensive care admission and may admit patients after informing the collaboration physician of record of the decision to admit.
- Perform procedures such as chest tube insertion
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530940300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.