This position is located within the Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D), Office of Research and Development, Veterans Health Administration Central Office. The incumbent will assist the Director of HSR&D, Deputy Director, Administrative Officer and Scientific Merit Review Program Manager in a variety of special projects and management tasks with a focus on Scientific Merit Review, Just-in-Time funded projects, and HR management.Learn more about this agency
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-9 grade level, you will perform assignment of a more limited scope with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Administrative Officer with human resource and personnel management activities for HSR&D.
- Managing the HSR&D components of information systems utilized in ORD including Just in Time (JIT); Annual Report Tracking (ART); ClinicalTrials.gov; and National Institutes of Health eRA Commons, Research Project Progress Report (RPPR), Portfolio Classification and Reporting Tool (PCRT), etc.
- Providing recommendations to developers regarding modification to existing modules and the creation of new modules within the information systems to more efficiently and accurately capture data necessary for review, analysis, documentation and oversight of HSR&D funded projects and awards.
- Synthesizing information and conducting computer-assisted database searches.
- Maintaining multiple extensive databases, ensuring the validity and integrity of information entered into and currently contained within the databases.
- Conducting detailed analyses of complex data and work processes.
- Preparing reports and briefs.
- Presenting data in detailed or summarized format for Congress, ORD leadership and the Director and Deputy Director of HSR&D.
- Coordinating HSR&D's Annual Field Award Program.
- Assisting in administrative activities related to the office which include writing and editing technical documents, including research solicitations; conducting literature reviews and background research; planning meetings; drafting and preparing correspondence with committee members and scientific review participants; and documenting and tracking of project activities.
- Planning, conducting, and/or managing special projects or studies to analyze, evaluate, and provide recommendations on administrative programs or issues.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: May be available
Position Description Title/PD#: Program Analyst/ 01959-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
PCS Expenses: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530930100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.