You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs mental health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Working for the VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. America's Veterans need you!Learn more about this agency
Common duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides psychiatric care to Veterans served within the Mental Health Service Line both in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Completes assessments in a timely manner.
- Provides treatment plans consistent with assessments.
- Appropriately orders diagnostic tests.
- Appropriately selects / provides pharmacologic agents.
- Provides care in an organized and timely manner through appropriately setting priorities.
- Identifies and effectively resolves patient risk management issues.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Documents care/visits in CPRS appropriately, accurately, concisely in a timely manner.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530880100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.