The Inpatient Care Coordinator (CC) works closely with physicians, nurses, and the interdisciplinary staff along with outside agencies to provide for the needs of the patient. The Care Coordinator will be assigned to a medicine team and will follow all patients assigned to the team throughout the inpatient units. The CC coordinates and facilitates care to restore stability, minimize complications, and achieve optimal patient outcomes within a dynamic, acute care environment.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct daily review of patient care plans, attend daily bedside rounds with their medicine team, and participate in discharge planning, as well as be available throughout the day to respond to questions and to resolve problems that may arise.
- Responsible for knowing the medicine team's plan for the day and will coordinate radiologic procedures and other diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ensure sustained improvement through ongoing evaluation of program objectives.
- Functions as a physician liaison for coordinating inpatient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and ensures that appropriate primary care follow-up and any other appropriate services are arranged prior to a patient's discharge home, ensuring Inpatient/outpatient continuity.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member and must be able to listen, communicate, gather and report crucial data in a manner that enhances patient outcomes, demonstrating leadership In coordinating patient care through collaborative strategies.
- Ensure the effectiveness of clinical practice through data analysis and participation in initiatives to affect change.
- The RN in this position should become familiar with systems redesign, i.e., Lean methods.
- Maintain BLS and ACLS certification
Work Schedule: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
This is an Open Continuous Announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.**The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on Monday, May 6, 2019**. Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the 6th of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it. The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.**
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530872100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.