This National Guard position is for a ALLIED TRADES WORKER, Position Description Number D122000 and is part of the OH G4 SMO CSMS, Ohio Army National Guard.
This position is located in a Surface Maintenance Facility. The primary purpose of this position is to assist higher graded workers in performing work in the skilled trades' occupations in support of maintenance functions. Engages in joint operations with higher graded workers. Rotates through trades areas to gain experience.Learn more about this agency
As a ALLIED TRADES WORKER, WG-5801-8, you will perform the following duties:
1) Performs complicated skilled trades tasks in any Allied Trades Shops. Operates various welding equipment to include wire welders, torches, stick welders, plasma cutters to perform minor welding tasks following accepted shop practices. Uses jigs and fixtures in clamping pieces together to assemble and set up the part to be welded.
2) Repairs mobile equipment metal body components such as fenders, panels, hooks, truck beds. Straightens, knocks out dents and creases, sands and finishes damaged parts. Replaces broken or damaged windshields and windows.
3) Paints a wide variety of vehicles using standard methods such as brushing, rolling, and spraying by the use of coating materials that are prepared according to directions, and by the application of coating techniques that assure surface is fully coated, protected, and free from drips and runs. Prepares surfaces by sanding and wire brushing. Thins, stirs and mixes coating material. Applies coating materials with brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
4) Modifies, repairs and makes canvas parts such as truck tarpaulin, machinery and equipment covers. Repairs or makes new covers for upholstery on trucks, and other equipment.
5) Constructs and repairs boxes, pallets, wood bracing to be used in shipping and storage. Follows instructions as to the type of item, size, shape, and materials to be used. Exact measurement will frequently not be available. Removes and replaces wood type trailer decking.
6) Operates various machine tools performing work involved in various simple fabrications as instructed by a higher-grade machinist who will lay out the work required and give specific instructions in the performance of the work required.
7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530872000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.