This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirement, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.Learn more about this agency
This job posting has been extended. Salary updated to reflect new range.
The Nurse Practitioner is an Advanced Practice Generalist who provides a wide range of health services, including the special needs of the geriatric resident, palliative care and hospice care resident. The Nurse Practitioner directs and coordinates the provision of health care services for patients in the Community Living Centers, Blind Rehabilitation, and the Domiciliary; geriatrics, skilled nursing care and rehabilitation, hospice, palliative care, walk-in or primary care clinics.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- provide clinical services including urgent and emergent evaluation of episodic and chronic problems, and comprehensive, integrated primary health care which addresses a majority of the client's health care needs on an ongoing basis
- assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of a comprehensive range of healthcare problems: emergency measures; preventive health; prescribing medications and other treatments; ordering, conducting, interpreting laboratory, diagnostic studies and procedures; and patient and family education utilizing community, social and health resources
- perform physical examinations
- diagnose health problems based on interpretation of the patient's history, physical exam, findings and diagnostic test results
- develop a treatment plan tailored to the patient's needs which include health education, pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment, transition to non-institutionalized care or home
- make referrals for specialty evaluation or treatment
- write admission and discharge summaries
- comply with the Resident Assessment Instrument/Minimum Data Sets (RAI/MDS) to include documenting current diagnosis, routine evaluations, and adherence to professional standards of care specific to the geriatric and long-term care population
- participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings to evaluate number of medications, psychotropic medications and other treatment orders as required by RAI/MDS
Work Schedule: day shift with weekends required
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530857800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.