About the Position: This Clinical Psychologist position is located in the Consultation and Education department as part of the Pain Clinic team at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) providing treatment to active duty patients and dependents referred to the Pain Clinic.Learn more about this agency
- Function as an active member of an interdependent, interdisciplinary Pain Clinic team consisting of providers within various disciplines including medicine, psychology, pharmacy, and physical therapy.
- Provide treatment to active duty patients and dependents referred to the Pain Clinic at the WRNMMC, and will work towards the development of our local pain program.
- Work as an interdisciplinary, multi-modal approach to pain management that is based on the biopsychosocial model of chronic pain and emphasizes optimal pain control, improved function, and quality of life.
- Provide a combination of specialized assessments and treatment services utilizing telehealth technology, as well as through face-to-face contact.
- Provide services such as psychotherapy, behavioral health education, biofeedback, tele-health and crisis intervention, using evidence based interventions.
- Incorporate a range of evidence based clinical procedures including psychoeducational and rehabilitation interventions for behavioral medicine problems, particularly pain.
- Apply advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations, particularly populations with pain.
- Plan, develop, implement, and lead therapeutic and educational group programs to address needs specific to chronic pain populations.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to provide professional advice and consultation regarding behavioral health evaluation, recommendations, treatment, and progress of patients with a wide range of medical and mental health issues.
- Communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and with varying levels of understanding and to provide excellent customer service skills toward both patients and co-workers and the ability to educate and mentor trainees.
- Develop strong therapeutic-relationships with patients.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530759100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.