This position is part of the Chief Records Officer in Agency Services, National Archives and Records Administration. As an Archives Specialist, you will be responsible for assessing the effectiveness of Federal records management programs.Learn more about this agency
Note: National Archives uses E-verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit, http://www.e-verify.gov.
As an Archives Specialist, GS-1421-12/13, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Serves as the designated point of contact and technical expert for Federal agency records programs. Maintains state-of-the art awareness of records management developments, methods, and techniques. Answers general inquiries from agencies on Records Management matters. Reviews agency records schedules, appraises records, and process records schedules for approval by the Archivist of the United States.
- Provides authoritative guidance and technical assistance to Federal agencies on records creation, management, and disposition.
- Analyzes and formulates recommendations for Government-wide policies, procedures, regulations, and guidance on records creation, management, and dispositions of records in all media and formats. Coordinates surveys and leads special studies designed to collect data and best practices for sharing with the Federal records management community.
- Develops and coordinates outreach activities to increase knowledge about and implementation of Federal records and information management policies and practices.
- Develops and implements work plans in compliance with AC policies and procedures. Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, and standards concerning the internal operation of the section or team, helping formulate and improve team operations.
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, and standards concerning the internal operation of the section or team, helping formulate and improve team operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530554100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.