The Physician Educator participates in the full range of educational activities and programs of National Center for Patient Safety (NCPS). These include the Clinical Training Program (CTT), MY Voice Matters (MVM), training of field-based patient safety professionals, the Inter-professional Patient Safety Fellowship program and the Chief Resident in Quality and Patient Safety (CRQS) program.Learn more about this agency
- The Physician Educator may perform patient care in his/her area of clinical specialty on a non-interference basis at a VA Medical Center to allow for enhanced insight regarding various operationally-based patient safety issues.
- The Physician Educator works as part of multi-disciplinary teams and is involved in varied projects, programs, and initiatives including planning, organizing, leading, performing, and evaluating the complete range of technical, management, scholarly, and communication activities required to accomplish the NCPS mission.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical Training Programs team on all operational aspects of the CTT and MVM programs including development of program content and educational tools critical to its conduct; communication with leaders from prospective new VA Medical Center enrollees; facilitating Learning Sessions in the VA facilities; and follow-up and consultation with participating medical centers.
- The incumbent must be adept in public speaking and will be expected to independently lead sessions in the CTT program including CRM trainings and MY Voice Matters presentations.
- Analyzes program evaluation data collection and measures such as surveys, interviews, and administrative data that will be collected for analysis of outcomes related to the CTT program implementation.
- The Physician Educator focuses upon developing and delivering educational curriculum to the fellows, chief residents and faculty of the VA Inter-professional Fellowship in Patient Safety, the Chief Resident in Quality and Patient Safety program, and other similar training programs. In this capacity the Physician Educator works collaboratively with others to:
- Develop, prepare, plan, and conduct patient safety workshops for faculty and residents which are interactive, inter-professional, and included simulation exercises
- Develop, plan, prepare, and delivery both large and small group on-line learning sessions using two-way-interactive-video (TWIV) and Lync to residents and faculty
- Develop, plan, and participate in the delivery of a variety of 'boot camps' and end of year meetings for fellows and residents
- Participate in the day to day mentorship of patient safety fellows
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of these programs.
- Engage in scholarly activities related to patient safety and education.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Virtual Position: No
Telework Eligible: Yes
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530545600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.