The incumbent will serve as a Division Administrative Support Assistant in OISM.Learn more about this agency
Are you ready to explore your future with NIST?
Your application package may be shared with other selecting officials at NIST with opportunities like the one you are applying to. Additional selections may be made through this vacancy.
This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date.
This position is located in the Office of Information Systems Management (OISM). The incumbent will serve as Division Adminstrative Support Assistant in OISM. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing multiple calendars and scheduling meetings;
• Administering Time and Attendance;
• Arranging travel and preparing travel documents;
• Purchasing /procuring office supplies, equipment and services;
• Onboarding new employees and associates;
• Preparing/reviewing documents, reports and correspondence;
• Following established office procedures;
• Collaborating with others in OISM and NIST-wide.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- You must be suitable for Federal Employment
- Merit applicants must meet time-in-grade/band requirements, as applicable
- You must be able to type 40 WPM
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-in-grade/band requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement unless eligible for special hiring authority, reinstatement eligible, non-current Federal employee applying as a VEOA eligible which do not require time-in-grade/band.
Applicants must have one year specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-06 (ZS-III at NIST). Specialized experience is defined as experience supporting group-level leadership or above; performing secretarial and administrative support such as managing calendars and scheduling meetings, administering time and attendance, arranging travel and related documentation, purchasing and procuring supplies, equipment and services.
IN ADDITION, applicants of either grade must be able to type 40 WPM.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains Federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the OPM website located at http:///www.opm.gov/qualifications
Applicants may request reconsideration of their qualifications determination within three business days from the date their applicant status was changed. Applicants should email the Agency Contact listed in this vacancy announcement with their written request listing the announcement number; explaining why the original determination was improper; what factors were not considered; and, should provide any other pertinent information that would enable reevaluation.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is covered by an Alternative Personnel Management System (APMS). This system replaces the General Schedule (GS) pay plan and grade with career paths and pay bands. For information regarding how the pay bands correspond to the General Schedule, click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered.
Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, salary, duties performed for each position, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level/pay band.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
* develop and implement office procedures
* interact with senior level officials
* schedule and coordinate meetings
* coordinate with other OU division offices
* collaborate with and support other OU division secretaries as necessary
* manage electronic calendars
* arrange conferences
* use automated time and attendance system
* arrange travel plans
* make micro-purchases
* reconcile bank card purchase statements
* using automated software to arrange travel
* writing, editing, and proofreading correspondence
* preparing procurement documents
* time and attendance policies, procedures and regulations
* travel policies, procedures, and regulations
* automated word processing systems
* acquisition policies, procedures and regulations
Applying under a Special Appointing Authority (i.e., VRA, 30% or more disabled veterans, Peace Corps, Schedule A/persons with disabilities): if you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, you will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration and may be contacted for an interview. If two or more VRA candidates apply and one or more is a preference eligible, Veterans' preference will be applied.
Applying as a Merit Candidates: Your responses to the job questionnaire will serve as the basis for identifying best qualified candidates. Best qualified Merit and Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles (i.e., candidates in the GOLD category) will be forwarded for consideration to the selecting official and may be contacted for an interview. Candidates must also meet time-in-grade/pay band requirements for consideration. Non-competitive consideration will be given to those Merit candidates that have held a position with the same promotion potential as the position advertised. Documentation (in the form of an SF-50) is required to show proof of promotion potential or highest grade held.
Applying as a CTAP or ICTAP candidate: CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be eligible for selection priority if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information regarding CTAP and ICTAP appointments and eligibility can be found at - CTAP/ICTAP
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on how you're applying (i.e., as a veteran or disabled veteran, current or former Federal employee, etc.). Please review the information on the following link to determine if there are any documents you need to provide - REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Failure to submit required documents, based upon how you apply, may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted. Official documents are not required at the time of application, copies are sufficient. If selected, official documentation must be submitted prior to appointment.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
NIST offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employee Retirement System. NIST also offers a broad array of work-life flexibilities and services to employees such as flexible work schedules, teleworking transit subsidies, on-site child care, fitness center, credit union, employee assistance programs, and free parking. Learn more about NIST's work life programs by clicking here.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section of the announcement.
1. To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
2. You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
3. You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
4. To verify the status of your application, log in to your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
5. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.gov/. and click on "Applications." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application."
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online to receive full consideration, however if you are unable to apply online, please contact the Agency Contact identified for this vacancy.
Problems Completing Your Application
If you have problems completing your on-line application, including problems submitting your supporting documents, please contact the Help Desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 866.656.6831. The help desk is available Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
Agency contact information
AddressNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STANDARDS AND TECHNOLOGY
100 Bureau Drive
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899
After the announcement closes, your application package will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. We expect to make a final job offer within 45 days from the closing date of the announcement.
You will be notified of your application status through USAJOBS at four points during the hiring process, as applicable. You can check the status of your application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://usajobs.gov/ and clicking on "Applications." The status will be visible next to the corresponding position. The four points of notification are:
1. Application Received or Application Incomplete;
2. Minimum Qualification Requirement Met or Minimum Qualification Requirement Not Met;
3. Referred or Not Referred; and
4. Selected or Not Selected
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530526700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.