What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
There is one position that will be filled in either Carson City, NV, or Henderson, NV.
As the Center Director of the Nevada Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, develops and executes the USGS programs of hydrologic data collection, investigations, and research in the state of Nevada.
- Plans and develops cooperative programs with other Federal, state, and local agencies and formulates policies of operation.
- Determines hydrologic data and research needs relative to the occurrence, sources, movement, quantity, and quality of groundwater and surface water within the state of Nevada.
- Ensures that all hydrologic data are collected and stored in accordance with USGS standards and protocols, when available, and establishes scientifically sound procedures when new protocols are needed.
- Ensures that results of hydrologic investigations are scientifically sound, published results are peer reviewed, and products and data are disseminated in accordance with USGS procedures.
- Advises Federal, state, Native American, and local agencies on scientific problems relating to water resources investigations, hazards, and water management.
- Serves as consultant and adviser to the Regional Director, the Director, and representatives of the Executive and Legislative Branches on issues relating to water resources in the state of Nevada.
Operate government vehicles as an incidental driver.
***There is one position that will be filled in either Carson City, NV, or Henderson, NV.***
50% or less - Occasional travel on 1-15 nights per month may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530435100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.