About the Position: Located at the Ft Belvoir Community Hospital in Ft Belvoir, VA. Serves as working leader of 3 or more employees in accomplishing materials (medical waste) handling inspection tasks related to the identifying, packaging, handling, transporting and storing of material (medical waste).Learn more about this agency
- Demonstrate proper work methods, and starts work to pass onto other workers.
- Insure that needed plans, blueprints, materials and tools are available.
- Work along with other employees and sets the pace performing non-supervisory work.
- Check work in progress and when finished for compliance.
- Answer workers questions regarding procedures, policies, written instructions, and other directives.
- Provide information to supervisor on status and progress of work, causes of delays, and overall work operations and problems.
- Assure that safety and housekeeping rules are followed.
- Inspect Medical Waste contractor's work areas on all floors.
- Inspect the segregation, packaging, handling, transporting, storage and disposition of Regulated Medical Waste (RMW).
- Insure that floors and corridors are free of contaminated and/or medical waste products.
- Observe for discrepancies, unsatisfactory conditions, substandard work, and non-compliance of contract requirement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530381000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.