The incumbent serves as a specialist in the coordination, development, and implementation of morbidity classification and the associated coding structures.Learn more about this agency
As a Medical Systems Specialist, you will:
- Serve as a specialist assisting in the coordination, development, and implementation of morbidity classification and the associated coding structures.
- Participate in the development and conduct of morbidity classification activities within the organization.
- Analyze morbidity classification and coding processes and issues to develop procedural recommendations to improve the effectiveness of classification and coding activities.
- Maintain conceptual changes in data classification and health vocabulary development, and conducts further research where appropriate to assess the impact of developments and to devise means of incorporating developments into current classification activities.
- Plan and implement a continuous program of research and analysis of the classification of diseases and its uses in order to identify and evaluate sections of the classification structure needing revision.
- Assist in developing the required methods for translating classification needs into usable models for the next revision of the ICD.
- Provide data support for the Classification and Public Health Data Standards Staff.
- Maintain computer databases reflecting the current status of the ICD classification structure and proposed modifications.
- Extract data and create data files for use in performing studies and research, and to support the work of expert committees involved in the modification and revision of the ICD.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530367300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.