PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
This position located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Office of Shared Services (OSS), Travel Services Division (TSD), Relocation Services Branch. The incumbent serves as a Senior Relocation Analyst and subject matter expert in the services provided by the Travel Services Division.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Performs pre-payment audits of international and domestic travel vouchers in accordance with the pertinent regulations and agency policy. Reviews and approves travel document transactions entered by the relocation technicians.
- Serves as a relocation counselor for OSS and our franchise customer employees. Duties include relocation entitlement counseling employees who are relocating, preparing the authorizations and the vouchers in an automated relocation system, coordinating the transportation of the employees and their household goods including carrier selection, and preparing and submitting all of the necessary tax work. The incumbent will be assigned the more difficult relocations, relocations of individuals going to or coming from foreign locations. The incumbent will also assist other staff with the less complicated relocations, domestic new hires and transfers.
- Analyzes and interprets the Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and other guidance to determine how Fiscal Service and other franchise customers can meet their travel relocation needs within the framework of the regulations. Analyzes and evaluates general and specific information needs relative to programs. Determines various ways of satisfying those needs and presents options to officials in issue papers, written reports, and oral briefings. Evaluates data to determine applicable relocation, moving, and transfer benefits and or entitlements.
- Reviews and prepares reports on performance and operational data and develops statistical analyses of program data.
- Participates in training new analysts, relocation assistants, and relocation technicians on data entry, reconciliation of travel-related accounting transactions, and various other relocation processes and procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530342700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.