About the Position: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers delivers superior-quality projects and services, building on our long-standing record of excellence. The San Francisco District is comprised of civilian personnel organized into divisions, including Program and Project Management, Engineering and Technical Services, Operations and Readiness, Regulatory, and Resource Management.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, schedules, monitors and controls full range of construction operations at the Resident Office.
- Provides input to the Resident Engineer on employee performance to effect personnel actions.
- Assigns work on the basis of workload and capabilities of employees.
- Reviews and analyzes construction plans and specifications, quality assurance inspection and test reports
- Participates in design review conferences, conducts site showings and performs BCO reviews.
- Conducts/participates in pre-construction conferences.
- Coordinates construction planning and scheduling.
- Conducts Safety Meetings.
- Oversees construction at all stages to identify problems and take corrective action.
- Reviews and processes shop drawings, payment estimates and other contractor submittals.
- Identifies the need for contract modifications and change orders.
- Negotiates with contractor.
- Takes all actions under appointment of Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Ensures strict adherence to safety provisions of the contract and corrects unsafe conditions.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of correspondence and reports.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530325900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.